Company Profile
Company History
Nelson Tour
Cottage Tour
Latest News

Nelson Cottage Guest House & Bed and Breakfast.



In 1882 the first Police Station in the town was built with an attached gaol. Interestingly enough, throughout its 13 year history the gaol was never used to lock up any prisoners. The timber cottage was later extended to provide for a "Summer Residence" for new owners. This consisted of a large solid Limestone building which was known as the Limestone Cottage. The local Post Office was relocated to the older police station building. A further portion was added to the structure when the upstairs dining room and owners quarters was added. Throughout the past 50 years or so the "Cottage" as it became affectionately known, has been used as a Guest House and Bed & Breakfast.





Copyright 2006 Nelson Cottage  -  Last modified: November 6, 2011  -   Website design by Nexus Marketing Services.